Recommended Types of Roofing Used in the Wichita, KS Metro Area
S&A Roofing offers and installs a variety of different types of shingles in the Wichita, Kansas metro and surrounding communities such as Hutchinson, Newton, McPherson, and Derby.
Common Types of Residential Roofing
- 3-Tab Shingle – Fiberglass 3-tab asphalt shingles are an economical roof replacement choice. Most brands offer a 25-year limited warranty and a limited selection of colors to match most homes styles. 3-tab shingles are rated for winds up to 60 mph and have a Class A fire rating.
- Composition Shingle – Composition shingles are a combination of asphalt and fiberglass to produce a thicker, heavier shingle than a fiberglass 3-tab shingle. Most manufacturers offer a limited-lifetime warranty and boast a wind rating of 130 mph and a Class A fire rating. Combine these benefits with a variety of color options, and it is easy to understand why composition shingles are the most popular type of residential shingle.
- Class IV Shingle – These impact resistant shingles are a smart choice for Kansas weather as they meet UL 2218 Class 4 impact testing, making a roof less susceptible to damage from hail. In addition to a wind rating of 130 mph and a limited lifetime warranty, some insurance companies offer a premium discount for Class IV roofing systems.
- Designer or Specialty Shingle – If your Home Owner’s Association (HOA) requires a designer or specialty shingle S&A can help. The cut and texture of a designer shingles create a unique and individual look to your home. Designer shingles are commonly rated with a 130 mph wind rating and a limited lifetime warranty.
- Modified Bitumen – Modified Bitumen roofing shingles are ideal for low slope roof surfaces to provide a water-tight seal. Homeowners can choose between hot asphalt or self-adhesive shingle types.
We offer name brands such as Owens Corning, Certainteed, GAF, Mulehide as well as many other roofing brands.